Crescent started the first beach volleyball club in Santa Monica in 2012 and continues providing juniors with an opportunity to train with the best on the beach year-round. Practices are held twice a week at the Annenberg Community Beach House in Santa Monica located at 415 Pacific Coast Highway. Players do not need a partner to join the club
Professional coaching staff with proving success!
Beach Director and
Head Coach - Elite Players
Tom is an experienced player and coach at the highest levels of the sport. He has trained elite athletes for NORCECA, AVP, NVL and CBVA competitions. As a player, Tom was a top-ranked amateur and qualified for AVP Opens 3 times. He works extensively with the Crescent Beach Volleyball Club.
Tom's current coaching resume includes:
- Head Girls Beach Volleyball Coach at Pierce College
- Head Girls Beach Volleyball Coach at Archer School for Girls
- Head Boys Beach Volleyball Coach at Notre Dame HS
- Director & Head Coach at Sinjin Smith Beach Volleyball Camps
Founder and Head Coach
A longtime player and high school coach, Dennis Marlow founded Crescent BVC in 2011 to offer aspiring beach athletes the level of training they expected from indoor clubs. Dennis co-founded the NCSVA with Sinjin Smith, a partnership that expanded to include Beach Volleyball Camps and CBVA tournaments. An alumnus of UNC, Dennis left the East Coast in 2002 to compete on the AVP Tour, which he did until 2005. Dennis oversees all of the activities under the Sinjin Volleyball.
- Head Coach JV Boys at Crossroads
- Head Coach at St Matthews Parish
- Director and 13's Head Coach at LAVA Shack Volleyball Club
Advisor and Master Coach
Sinjin Smith won 140+ pro beach events in a Hall of Fame career that spanned four decades. A two-time All-American and National Champion at UCLA, the “King of the Beach” went on to win multiple World Championships and compete in the 1996 Olympic Games.
As the greatest ambassador for the game of beach volleyball, Sinjin founded the Beach Volleyball Camps and NCSVA to fill the void that existed in the collegiate age group of beach volleyball.
Sinjin oversees and advises the Crescent coaching staff.
Internationally experienced, skillful and precise coach and player with Master's Degree in Physical Education. The best combination you can get.
- Assistant coach Santa Monica College Beach Volley team
- Head coach at LAVA Volleyball Club (14's and 16's teams)
- Head athletic coach and coach at Crescent Beach Volleyball Club
- Head coach at Sinjin Smith Beach Volley Camps